Programme on Training Managers and Executives
for the Enterprises of National Economy of the Russian Federation
ENTRY TEST 2006
TEST OF GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
Выберите слово/словосочетание, которое лучше других соответствует смыслу предложения, и обведите нужную букву (А, В, С, D) на листе для ответов. Правильные ответы здесь.
I. I was crossing the street when a car ....... .
|A. crashed||C. was crashing|
|B. has crashed ||D. has been crashing|
II. If you (1) ........ tomorrow, I (2) ........ you to a good diner.
|A. (1) come ||(2) will have treated|
|B. (1) came ||(2) will treat|
|C. (1) come ||(2) would treat|
|D. (1) come||(2) will treat|
1. Do you know if the bus________yet?
|A. have left||B. left||С. is leaving||D. has left|
2. He is (1)________sure of his success (2)________I am afraid for him.
(1) such a
| ||(2) that|
3. The European Union has to________its policy on immigration.
|A. think||B. solve||С. rethink||D. decide|
4. I can't make this old car________.
|A. start||B. to have started||С. to start||D. to be starting|
5. I wouldn't mind________to the cinema for a change.
|A. to go||B. going||С. I will go||D. go|
6. More than a third of business people forget their own mobile-phone number,________Business Direct.
|A. in according with||B. according with||С. in accordance to||D. according to|
7. They don't allow________ in the workplace.
|A. to smoking||B. smoking||С. smoke||D. having a smoke|
8. Every time he went away on business his children________by his mother.
|A. was looked after||B. were being looked for||С. were looked after||D. were looked for|
9. He also_______plans to fly to New York.
|A. refused||B. denied||С. cancelled||D. rejected|
10. Translating from a foreign language is not the same________translating from your own.
|A. that||B. like||С. than||D. as|
11. Much of what you say________true.
|A. were||B. is||С. are||D. have been|
12. The film was________on true events from 1994.
|A. constructed||B. produced||С. based||D. built|
13. There are few people________are fond of such detective stories.
|A. who||B. they||С. whom||D. which|
14. The insurance company offices were on________side of the street.
|A. another||B. the other||С. other||D. the other's|
15. He________of school during the Depression.
|A. left||B. completed||С. dropped out||D. finished|
16. Jane's mother has to stay in London with her daughter,________?
|A. doesn't she||B. has she||С. does she||D. hasn't she|
17. She explained what________.
|A. is the problem||B. was the problem||С. the problem was||D. had been the problem|
18. The amount you have to pay________your parents' income.
|A. relies on||B. is based on||С. counts on||D. depends on|
19. ________he was a child his family lived in Lancaster.
|A. while||B. as||С. during||D. when|
20. Are you sure________what you're talking about?
21. Work________is seen as important for this job.
|A. practice||B. experience||С. employment||D. length|
22. He has nothing to complain________.
23. What are you going to have for________breakfast?
24. A: What are you doing here? B: I'm________John to come.
|A. expecting||B. waiting||С. awaiting||D. wishing|
25. I remember________the door. But now it's open. What's happened?
|A. to close||B. to have closed||С. closing||D. being closed|
26. Police________still fighting crime.
|A. was||B. is||С. has been||D. are|
27. The government means that everyone who wants to work can easily find________.
|A. a vacancy||B. a work||С. a job||D. an employment|
28. ________to get into Oxford University?
|A. How complicated is it||B. How complicated it is||С. How is it complicated||D. How is complicated it|
29. His friends________from him since his departure.
|A. hasn't heard||B. hadn't heard||С. haven't heard||D. didn't hear|
30. He________an advanced English course at this university.
|A. studied||B. took||С. learnt||D. followed|
31. ________us a grant they gave us practical business advice on how to run the company.
|A. They only gave||B. Not only did they give||С. They did not only give||D. Not did they only give|
32. The number of small companies________from 56 per cent to 62 per cent since 1999.
|A. has risen||B. has raised||С. has been rising||D. have been|
33. These development methods can be________to other businesses.
|A. used||B. carried out||С. employed||D. applied|
34. These machines need________.
|A. be regulated||B. regulate||С. to regulate||D. regulating|
35. Nobody________to park in front of this restaurant.
|A. is requested||B. may||С. must||D. is allowed|
36. The company________too many mistakes when it expanded into America.
|A. did||B. committed||С. performed||D. made|
37. I was always told________.
|A. how this was unrealistic||B. how unrealistic this was||С. how was this unrealistic||D. how this unrealistic was|
38. A great number of companies________to raise funding through the US market.
|A. is trying||B. has tried||С. are trying||D. tries|
39. I'm afraid I haven't got________news for you.
|A. many||B. few||С. a few||D. much|
40. John was playing the guitar while Peter________a book.
|A. was reading||B. had been reading||С. would be reading||D. had read|
Правильные ответы здесь.